How to Stop Edge from Opening Automatically When I Boot Up Computer

Anonymous
2020-05-29T14:53:58+00:00

Every time I boot up or restart my computer, Microsoft Edge automatically opens up. This has been happening ever since the new update for Microsoft Edge. How do I get it to stop?

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-14T16:30:34+00:00

    Hello,

    Please go to your tskmanger and in startup apps. Please disable Edge.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-14T19:00:24+00:00

    Hello,

    Please go to your tskmanger and in startup apps. Please disable Edge.

    In Task Manager I don't see "Startup Apps." I see Startup but nothing listed about Microsoft Edge. Under App History/Microsoft Edge, it's all zeroes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2021-02-15T01:35:14+00:00

    Here is the answer you seek:

    > (OS) Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options   Scroll down a bit to  Restart APPs and put its toggle to OFF.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2021-02-15T19:58:51+00:00

    Dave, please, see my answer I gave you.

    You won't see Edge there; it is not there.  What that person suggested to you, is not correct, does not apply.

    You need to shut off "Bring back what I had"

    Cheers,
    Drew

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-15T20:36:02+00:00

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments