Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Every time I boot up or restart my computer, Microsoft Edge automatically opens up. This has been happening ever since the new update for Microsoft Edge. How do I get it to stop?
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Maybe you're ahead of this, but...
Certainly, you have told the browser, Chrome, to be the default, have set IT as the default.
Is it set as the default web browser in the OS Settings?
And 2ndly, in Startup is Edge listed & enabled, there? (Startup tab in Task Mgr)
Haven't look through the whole thread... this may have been covered, already
Cheers,
Drew![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/c4894846-3ebd-42f4-84f9-f088614862b7?platform=QnA![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/a06284be-5168-40c4-9683-050ce89e2b41?platform=QnA
It does not work Chrome is my default Browser but bloody Edge keeps opening on start up this is not on and needs attention it is very annoying
I have Chrome set as my default browser it now opens automatically when I signin but then Edge opens infront of Chrome ,why what is going on with Microsoft pushing a browaer I don't want and will NEVER use
I tried them all - Registry edit, Group Policy Editor, emptying the package, etc. and was getting desperate. The one, and ONLY, solution that worked was as below:
Wow! Not sure what this has to do with Edge launching but I ain't going to investigate! LOL.
Hello,
Please go to your tskmanger and in startup apps. Please disable Edge.
There is no Edge in Startup apps!