Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Every time I boot up or restart my computer, Microsoft Edge automatically opens up. This has been happening ever since the new update for Microsoft Edge. How do I get it to stop?
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
Please go to your tskmanger and in startup apps. Please disable Edge.
There is no Edge in Startup apps!
Pardon me, but you are both wrong. (And you DO NOT want anything to do with IE❗) And stay out of the Registry❗
The following will solve your issue. Without silly talk of MS being criminal or lawsuits.
Edge is part of the OS, ergo, the default browser unless & until changed, in Settings.
- > Settings > Apps > Default apps. Scroll down to Web browser. Rt Clk & select the one wanted.
- > Settings > Apps > Startup. Find Microsoft Edge & put its toggle switch to OFF.
Cheers,
Drew Chrome was my default browser and 2) There is no Edge app in my startup. Yet STILL Edge opens on login.
HERE IS WHAT ACTUALLY WORKED FOR ME:
Hope that helps someone else.
-Scott
Pardon me, but you are both wrong. (And you DO NOT want anything to do with IE❗) And stay out of the Registry❗
The following will solve your issue. Without silly talk of MS being criminal or lawsuits.
Edge is part of the OS, ergo, the default browser unless & until changed, in Settings.
Cheers,
Drew... since Edge is the Win10 default browser (kinship), since they are both built on the same platform and since Edge is the best of the 2 & has either better Features or better ways of doing things & cool Features Chrome does not have... why are you wanting Chrome to be the default? Just kidding, it's all personal preference, of course.
Ok, anyway, look at these 2 things:
> (OS) Settings > Apps > Default Apps. Scroll down to Web browser & make sure it is, indeed, set to Chrome.
Suddenly I'm wondering if we are talking browsers or Home pages.
In Edge > ellipsis > Settings > On Start-up. Look at what it is using. Select, Open specific page or pages. Hit Add page & make it Google.ca or .com.
Now, when Edge first opens it will open as or to google. You can, also, designate your Home page to be google; that is under Edge Settings & Appearance.
Did you ever actually download & install the Chrome browser in your machine?
Sorry, I've become unsure if we are talking Google website or Chrome browser. Of what I have said, take whatever may apply, if anything 😂🤷♂️ Maybe, something 🤞
UPDATE: I double checked what I wanted to see... I do think you are referring to Google coming up in Edge by default, not the Chrome browser.
Is this right or wrong?