Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Every time I boot up or restart my computer, Microsoft Edge automatically opens up. This has been happening ever since the new update for Microsoft Edge. How do I get it to stop?
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi, this does not work for me. I have Firefox as my default browser but it does not start until asked. Edge starts without permission every time I boot up. Ivor
I have the same problem and can not stop Edge from starting automatically although my default browser is set to Chrome
I have the same problem and can not stop Edge from starting automatically although my default browser is set to Chrome
I have the same irritating problem. Although my default browser is Google Chrome, when I boot up, Microsoft Edge automatically shows up. If I close that tab, Google Chrome appears. How do I insure that Google Chrome is the browser that opens on initial start?
I hope I put that simply enough. Does anyone have any idea?
Hello,
Please go to your tskmanger and in startup apps. Please disable Edge.
In Task Manager I don't see "Startup Apps." I see Startup but nothing listed about Microsoft Edge. Under App History/Microsoft Edge, it's all zeroes.
I tried them all - Registry edit, Group Policy Editor, emptying the package, etc. and was getting desperate. The one, and ONLY, solution that worked was as below:
Wow! Not sure what this has to do with Edge launching but I ain't going to investigate! LOL.