How to show the downloads bar show at the bottom of the screen in edge

Anonymous
2021-04-19T06:53:57+00:00

Hi, I have recently Reset my pc and I have noticed that my downloads instead of showing at the bottom of the screen (where it shows the name of recent downloads and 3 dots next to each download to cancel the download or open the file location, etc) pop up at the top near my extensions and I would like to make it so that they show at the bottom of the screen

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-13T23:04:43+00:00

    Hey,

    Check this article out:

    [Tip] How to Restore Classic Download Panel at Bottom in Microsoft Edge – AskVG

    It helped me remove the extensions box and go back to the bottom bar. Basically you need to go to Edge Shortcut properties, add

    --disable-features=msDownloadsHub

    into the Shortcut Target box after the exe. 

    After that, apply changes, click ok, close and reopen Edge, and you should be good to go.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-13T19:55:51+00:00

    This is exactly what people are asking for - to put the download dialogue back on the bottom of the browser screen. I wish Microsoft would stop making changes without providing a way to revert back to the way it was.  MS does so few things right, you thing that by now they would leave things alone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-13T18:45:21+00:00

    Hi, I have recently Reset my pc and I have noticed that my downloads instead of showing at the bottom of the screen (where it shows the name of recent downloads and 3 dots next to each download to cancel the download or open the file location, etc) pop up at the top near my extensions and I would like to make it so that they show at the bottom of the screen

    Disable New Download Flyout in Microsoft Edge

    1. Right-click on the Microsoft Edge shortcut on your Desktop.
    2. Select Properties from the context menu.
    3. Add   --disable-features=msExtensionsHub,msHistoryHub,msDownloadsHub,TabSearch after the msedge.exe portion in the Target box to disable the new Download UI in Edge.

    ok in 90.0.818.56

    Enable or Disable New Download Flyout in Microsoft Edge (winaero.com)

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-05T21:57:44+00:00

    I found this.

    How to Add Multiple Disable-Features To Edge and Chrome Shortcut (winaero.com)

    At the moment it works :) hope it stays

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-29T21:14:58+00:00

    Hi, I have recently Reset my pc and I have noticed that my downloads instead of showing at the bottom of the screen (where it shows the name of recent downloads and 3 dots next to each download to cancel the download or open the file location, etc) pop up at the top near my extensions and I would like to make it so that they show at the bottom of the screen

    you cant remove it from the top right, this is miss from Microsoft I am going back to chrome browser ASAP

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments