How to show the downloads bar show at the bottom of the screen in edge

Anonymous
2021-04-19T06:53:57+00:00

Hi, I have recently Reset my pc and I have noticed that my downloads instead of showing at the bottom of the screen (where it shows the name of recent downloads and 3 dots next to each download to cancel the download or open the file location, etc) pop up at the top near my extensions and I would like to make it so that they show at the bottom of the screen

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-05-15T11:05:40+00:00

    You can leave the profile directory switch, that should not be a problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-14T15:52:21+00:00

    I would like to make it so that they show at the bottom of the screen

    The Edge team are currently monitoring how widespread this request is: Top Feedback Summary for May 12 - Microsoft Tech Community. If you are keen to bring about a change to the current behaviour, please make your views known by submitting feedback. To do so, click ⋯ (Settings and more) > Help and feedback > Send feedback, or just press Alt-Shift-i to open the flyout.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-14T14:55:51+00:00

    Hi there

    This is what I'm seeing on my PC

    Do I delete "profile-directory=Default" and just include the "disable features ..." or do I leave "profile-directory=Default"?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-05-14T05:45:04+00:00

    Hi, The shortcut target needs to be like this. I am not sure what you are trying to ask though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-14T00:46:17+00:00

    Hi There

    Like others, I much prefer having the download at the bottom of my screen.

    I have gone to the article in your response but since I'm NOT computer savvy, I have a question.

    Do I put the new 'string' before the 'profile directory' string or just remove the 'profile directory' string.

    Does my question make sense? 

    Thanks for your help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments