Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, I have recently Reset my pc and I have noticed that my downloads instead of showing at the bottom of the screen (where it shows the name of recent downloads and 3 dots next to each download to cancel the download or open the file location, etc) pop up at the top near my extensions and I would like to make it so that they show at the bottom of the screen
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --no-startup-window /prefetch:5 --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
OK, so there's no sign of the start-up parameter in your command line. I don't know why this should be, but I think the /prefetch item is related to the Restart apps option at Windows settings ⚙ > Accounts > Sign-in options. It's conceivable that if this prefetch is in force, the instance of Edge that was active before you last signed out of Windows (e.g. by restarting the computer) is restored rather than a new one starting with the parameters you want. If you have Restart apps On, try turning it Off, restarting and testing your shortcut again.
I wouldn't ever allow any Norton application anywhere near my computer, and I wouldn't rule out that Norton is to blame for your other problems. Windows Security provides all the protection careful users need, but you may have other reasons for using Norton.
into Microsoft Windows store... Can't update
| Command-line | "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --no-startup-window /prefetch:5 --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end |
|---|
I just deleted the shortcut and re-created it. The above is what's showing after that recreation.
Here is most of the rest of that 'about version' screen. I left off the 'variations'.
| Microsoft Edge | 90.0.818.66 (Official build) (64-bit) |
|---|---|
| Revision | 5f913625aa6fc53d48c21e7d1fd16b222d2f2aeb |
| Operating system | Windows 10 OS Version 2009 (Build 19042.985) |
| JavaScript | V8 9.0.257.29 |
| User agent | Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.212 Safari/537.36 Edg/90.0.818.66 |
| Command-line | "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --no-startup-window /prefetch:5 --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end |
| Executable path | C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe |
| Profile path | C:\Users\bkros\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default |
I suppose Norton could be responsible. I'm also getting the 'I need to login to One Drive' message, even though I went through steps to stop that from happening. I don't want One Drive. Plus, I'm also getting 'there's something wrong with my Microsoft Account' message and can't stop that from happening. All of this began at the same time.
Does this tell you anything?
Thanks
Barb
The thing is what he is most likely doing is the command line on the main shortcut and then using the one's from like the task bar and such instead which doesn't follow the same thing as the shortcut command.
It doesn't work for everyone. There must be a common reason why.
If the shortcut was properly created, you should see the results of using it in the Edge Version info: in a new tab, type edge://version into the address bar and press Enter. Copy the whole of the entry labelled Command line: and paste it into a reply here.
This is a long shot, but I notice from your screenshot that some incarnation of Norton is sticking its oar in. Security suites that do more than just scan incoming files for malware can sometimes go way beyond their brief; I wonder if Norton is preventing your new shortcut from working properly.
I don't know of any way to troubleshoot this possibility other than uninstalling all Norton software from the machine using their removal tool (Norton Remove and Reinstall tool) to winkle out the last remnants.