How to show the downloads bar show at the bottom of the screen in edge

Anonymous
2021-04-19T06:53:57+00:00

Hi, I have recently Reset my pc and I have noticed that my downloads instead of showing at the bottom of the screen (where it shows the name of recent downloads and 3 dots next to each download to cancel the download or open the file location, etc) pop up at the top near my extensions and I would like to make it so that they show at the bottom of the screen

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-17T13:00:39+00:00

    Doesn't work. Downloads bar still appears on top right. A real pain.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-16T20:36:34+00:00

    I'm stuck with the same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-16T19:18:07+00:00

    Thanks for that.

    I did as you said, and still up in the top right-hand corner.

    So what now? Has anyone else had problems getting this to work?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-05-16T15:40:45+00:00

    Thanks, there must be some discrepancy. Let us do it the easier way.

    Right-click the desktop, and select New>Shortcut.

    Paste the path given below:

    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --disable-features=msDownloadsHub

    Name it as desired, click Submit and try opening the same. Attached a GIF as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-15T14:42:48+00:00

    Hello

    I left the original string in and it didn't work.

    I removed the original string and it didn't work.

    I'm still getting the 'downloads' showing at the top right-hand side of the screen.

    I'm Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    Something about my PC that it won't work?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments