How to show the downloads bar show at the bottom of the screen in edge

Anonymous
2021-04-19T06:53:57+00:00

Hi, I have recently Reset my pc and I have noticed that my downloads instead of showing at the bottom of the screen (where it shows the name of recent downloads and 3 dots next to each download to cancel the download or open the file location, etc) pop up at the top near my extensions and I would like to make it so that they show at the bottom of the screen

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-29T12:55:37+00:00

    ... our feedback is ignored about such idiotic changes and nothing is ever corrected.

    This is just not true. Reposting from a couple of days ago:

    These forums are not intended to be a channel for reporting issues to Microsoft or anyone else. They provide a platform where users can help other users, with (in some categories) occasional input by Microsoft staff.

    Edge has a first rate system for 'reporting issues,' and every feedback item is seen by the Edge team, acknowledged and prioritized. The most popular ones make it into the Top Feedback Summary (https://aka.ms/MSEdgeTopFeedback), which is updated more or less weekly to reflect the progress made. You can submit feedback within the browser by pressing Alt-Shift-i. You'll see this in the current summary:

    Under Review Enable additional options for viewing downloaded files, such as the bottom of the window

    If you want to add your vote to those already cast for a change to the new behaviour, send feedback. Your rant here will not be seen by anyone from Microsoft; if it were, you'd probably be asked to moderate your language. Meanwhile, a workaround was published several weeks ago: So you don't like the new flyout menus? here is how you can disable them. Note that Start-up boost will negate any command line parameters you add.

    Because this thread is no longer attracting helpful posts, it has been locked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-27T19:29:34+00:00

    In my 30+ years of dealing with them, the answer is clearly "no." They never respond to requests outside of their huge customers and never fix, or even acknowledge, issues reported on forums like this.

    These forums are not intended to be a channel for reporting issues to Microsoft or anyone else. They provide a platform where users can help other users, with (in some categories) occasional input by Microsoft staff.

    Edge has a first rate system for 'reporting issues,' and every feedback item is seen by the Edge team, acknowledged and prioritized. The most popular ones make it into the Top Feedback Summary (https://aka.ms/MSEdgeTopFeedback), which is updated more or less weekly to reflect the progress made. You can submit feedback within the browser by pressing Alt-Shift-i. You'll see this in the latest summary:

    Under Review Enable additional options for viewing downloaded files, such as the bottom of the window

    The answer is clearly not "no".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-26T22:00:42+00:00
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --no-startup-window /prefetch:5 --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end

    OK, so there's no sign of the start-up parameter in your command line. I don't know why this should be, but I think the /prefetch item is related to the Restart apps option at Windows settings ⚙ > Accounts > Sign-in options. It's conceivable that if this prefetch is in force, the instance of Edge that was active before you last signed out of Windows (e.g. by restarting the computer) is restored rather than a new one starting with the parameters you want. If you have Restart apps On, try turning it Off, restarting and testing your shortcut again.

    I wouldn't ever allow any Norton application anywhere near my computer, and I wouldn't rule out that Norton is to blame for your other problems. Windows Security provides all the protection careful users need, but you may have other reasons for using Norton.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-26T21:20:50+00:00

    into Microsoft Windows store... Can't update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-26T00:43:27+00:00
    Command-line "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --no-startup-window /prefetch:5 --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end

    I just deleted the shortcut and re-created it. The above is what's showing after that recreation. 

    Here is most of the rest of that 'about version' screen. I left off the 'variations'. 

    Microsoft Edge 90.0.818.66 (Official build) (64-bit)
    Revision 5f913625aa6fc53d48c21e7d1fd16b222d2f2aeb
    Operating system Windows 10 OS Version 2009 (Build 19042.985)
    JavaScript V8 9.0.257.29
    User agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.212 Safari/537.36 Edg/90.0.818.66
    Command-line "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --no-startup-window /prefetch:5 --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
    Executable path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe
    Profile path C:\Users\bkros\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default

    I suppose Norton could be responsible. I'm also getting the 'I need to login to One Drive' message, even though I went through steps to stop that from happening. I don't want One Drive. Plus, I'm also getting 'there's something wrong with my Microsoft Account' message and can't stop that from happening. All of this began at the same time. 

    Does this tell you anything?

    Thanks

    Barb

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments