Internet Explorer mode gone?

Anonymous
2020-06-01T11:42:41+00:00

Hello Microsoft Community,

For the past 2 months I had been using and testing IE Mode integration within the chromium version of the Edge Browser.

I had the "Enable IE integration" enabled in edge://flags and had been running Edge in admin with the command line "--ie-mode-test"

This was working on Friday 29th May but this morning 1st June the option in "More tools > Open in Internet Explorer Mode" is no longer present.

Any ideas or has IE integration moved exclusively to Local Group Policy ?

Welcome to any suggestions,

Thanks for you time,

Omega.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-11T18:53:43+00:00

    That's cool 'n all.

    But...

    We still have tools here that use Silverlight. IE is the only browser that handles it. It'll be awhile before we're upgraded past that.

    So, what to do in the mean time?...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-28T04:16:44+00:00

    You have to turn on allow sites to be opened in IE Mode though. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-28T05:50:39+00:00

    That's not what my edge looks like

    maybe you need to update, have you tried checking for updates?

    The reload in internet explorer mode still works for me (though unused)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-28T05:54:20+00:00

    I've got version 88.0.705.50

    and it seems as I was writing this, I have an update available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-01T17:19:29+00:00

    Version  88.0.705.56 

    And the option is removed!!!

    Please advise why  I can no longer open sites in Internet Explorer?!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments