Internet Explorer mode gone?

Anonymous
2020-06-01T11:42:41+00:00

Hello Microsoft Community,

For the past 2 months I had been using and testing IE Mode integration within the chromium version of the Edge Browser.

I had the "Enable IE integration" enabled in edge://flags and had been running Edge in admin with the command line "--ie-mode-test"

This was working on Friday 29th May but this morning 1st June the option in "More tools > Open in Internet Explorer Mode" is no longer present.

Any ideas or has IE integration moved exclusively to Local Group Policy ?

Welcome to any suggestions,

Thanks for you time,

Omega.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-06T17:30:02+00:00

     I don,t know why some don,t have .

    Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge           ALWAYS 

    Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode       Slide to ON

    But i did see that if you go to your COMPUTER setting. 

    1. Click on settings

    2 .APPS

    1. Default APPS
    2. Click once on Microsoft Edge. It will open a menu that has Internet Explorer .

    That just sets the default browser to IE.  Does not enable IE mode in Edge 86.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-20T15:04:30+00:00

    I just updated to 87.0.664.41 and the compat features are now back in settings

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-23T08:01:15+00:00

    Hi Joe,

    Yes the setting is back for me in compat settings also however I still don't see the option in 'more tools' to reload a page in IE Mode. 

    Can you confirm if you can see it ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-23T08:48:37+00:00

    Agreed, I still don't see this in "more tools"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T17:04:16+00:00

    Microsoft is killing off their 25-year-old browser, Internet Explorer. Microsoft announced this past week that they will be getting rid of Internet Explorer on August 17 th, 2021.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments