Internet Explorer mode gone?

Anonymous
2020-06-01T11:42:41+00:00

Hello Microsoft Community,

For the past 2 months I had been using and testing IE Mode integration within the chromium version of the Edge Browser.

I had the "Enable IE integration" enabled in edge://flags and had been running Edge in admin with the command line "--ie-mode-test"

This was working on Friday 29th May but this morning 1st June the option in "More tools > Open in Internet Explorer Mode" is no longer present.

Any ideas or has IE integration moved exclusively to Local Group Policy ?

Welcome to any suggestions,

Thanks for you time,

Omega.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-12T23:13:36+00:00

    What version of Edge are you using?  I'm currently using Version 86.0.622.38, and it looks like the option to open IE sites in Edge is no longer available. Is there anything I need to do to make this option available?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-13T05:12:48+00:00

    I,m using Edge version 85.0.564.70

    To open web pages with internet explorer follow these steps.

    On the Edge browser web page at top right corner click on dots icon.

    Slide down to SETTINGS.

    Left side of page click on DEFAULT BROWSER.

    Set ALWAYS and slide to ON position

    Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge           ALWAYS 

    Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode       Slide to ON

    YOU MUST CLOSE THE EDGE BROWSER WINDOW AND OPEN AGAIN.

    Make sure you close the setting page .

    Open a web page you want to view with explorer.

    On the Edge browser web page at top right corner click on dots icon.

    Slide down to MORE TOOLS to open sub menu.

    Click on RELOAD IN INTERNET EXPLORER.

    This should work for you. Blessed day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-03T15:25:28+00:00

     I,m using Edge version 85.0.564.70

    To open web pages with internet explorer follow these steps.

    On the Edge browser web page at top right corner click on dots icon.

    Slide down to SETTINGS.

    Left side of page click on DEFAULT BROWSER.

    Set ALWAYS and slide to ON position

    Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge           ALWAYS 

    Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode       Slide to ON

    YOU MUST CLOSE THE EDGE BROWSER WINDOW AND OPEN AGAIN.

    Make sure you close the setting page .

    Open a web page you want to view with explorer.

    On the Edge browser web page at top right corner click on dots icon.

    Slide down to MORE TOOLS to open sub menu.

    Click on RELOAD IN INTERNET EXPLORER.

    This should work for you. Blessed day.

    I think people are seeing this:

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-05T14:28:12+00:00

    I see the same thing as Jeff posted above.

    I also don't see anything to Enable IE Integration when I enter edge://flags/#edge-internet-explorer-integration in the browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-06T13:44:24+00:00

    I don,t know why some don,t have .

    Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge           ALWAYS 

    Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode       Slide to ON

    But i did see that if you go to your COMPUTER setting. 

    1. Click on settings

    2 .APPS

    1. Default APPS
    2. Click once on Microsoft Edge. It will open a menu that has Internet Explorer .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments