Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello Microsoft Community,
For the past 2 months I had been using and testing IE Mode integration within the chromium version of the Edge Browser.
I had the "Enable IE integration" enabled in edge://flags and had been running Edge in admin with the command line "--ie-mode-test"
This was working on Friday 29th May but this morning 1st June the option in "More tools > Open in Internet Explorer Mode" is no longer present.
Any ideas or has IE integration moved exclusively to Local Group Policy ?
Welcome to any suggestions,
Thanks for you time,
Omega.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The flags are set differently on Edge 88 and above, edit your edge shortcut target to this (or run via command line)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --flag-switches-begin --internet-explorer-integration=iemode --ie-mode-test --enable-features=msInternetExplorerIntegrationEnhancedHangResistance --flag-switches-end
You'll get a prompt about having an "unsupported command-line flag: --ie-mode-test..." but the open in ie option is there again in more tools as of Edge 88.0.705.63
You can additionally use local gpo or regedit to create a sitelist for websites you want to open in IE mode (using IE5-11) in case a site only works on versions older than IE11
Hello Microsoft Community,
For the past 2 months I had been using and testing IE Mode integration within the chromium version of the Edge Browser.
I had the "Enable IE integration" enabled in edge://flags and had been running Edge in admin with the command line "--ie-mode-test"
This was working on Friday 29th May but this morning 1st June the option in "More tools > Open in Internet Explorer Mode" is no longer present.Any ideas or has IE integration moved exclusively to Local Group Policy ?
Welcome to any suggestions,
Thanks for you time,
Omega.
Actually, nmv about those steps since those are for canary before IE after flags.
edge://compat/iediagnostic
Please go to that link above and see the diagnostic data. Does it say that it was a success or anything? If it still doesn't' help, please send feedback after downloading the data and putting that into the diagnostic data in the feedback option.
Shawn
So you don't have a option in settings to turn on IE mode? This is Windows 10 right? You have IE installed on the computer, and it is not with group policy?
Um, I dont' know but maybe the group policy removed IE?
Try these steps, or if not. Maybe try reisnatlling Edge and removing all data. Then maybe contact Edge Insider Support? or support.microsoft.com/contactus
[Tip] Enable Hidden Secret IE Mode in Microsoft Edge Web Browser - AskVG
*Note this is not a Micorosft Website and should be cautious while clicing links or downloads.
Shawn
*not allficated with micorosft
I found an option to add a IE Mode extension. It works but I don't know if its the same as when it was imbedded in the browser. I was hoping I could switch in the middle of a task at the point when my edge browser isn't compatible with this site I that requires need me to log items. Instead it opens a new window and I have to re-enter my user name and password (which doesn't remember) to the home page of the site I was just on. Now that I'm playing with this futher...I think its just opening up explorer
That is very strange, since I still have the allow IE to be shown. you checked the default browser settings on your computer? Is this a personal computer or a work computer since a policy may have removed it. It would be great if you can contact micorsoft support at support.microsoft.com/contactus to get a remote session or some advice on it.