Internet Explorer mode gone?

Anonymous
2020-06-01T11:42:41+00:00

Hello Microsoft Community,

For the past 2 months I had been using and testing IE Mode integration within the chromium version of the Edge Browser.

I had the "Enable IE integration" enabled in edge://flags and had been running Edge in admin with the command line "--ie-mode-test"

This was working on Friday 29th May but this morning 1st June the option in "More tools > Open in Internet Explorer Mode" is no longer present.

Any ideas or has IE integration moved exclusively to Local Group Policy ?

Welcome to any suggestions,

Thanks for you time,

Omega.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-25T17:15:42+00:00

    thanks for replying, I was looking for internet explorer integration.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-25T17:15:02+00:00

    Hi iFiredog,

    Yes IE is activated. This is a State program that as of right now only works with IE 11. We are county managed so the state will not help with this:( 

    When they open the website to the state they click on a link that takes them to another page where they have to click another link that prompts Java to open the program. I have everything else working with Edge pertaining to their site just not edge. I was able to work around not having any options under Internet Explorer compatibility as shown above.

    Thanks for replying!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-25T16:56:24+00:00

    I am running 20H2 and IE is located under Accessories. Located at C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-22T23:27:16+00:00

    How to integrate IE mode into Edge is explained in detail in this article: Configure IE mode Policies | Microsoft Docs. 

    My Friend of the court office has one program and it needs to open with IE11.  

    Is Internet Explorer activated on your computer? To check, right-click on the start button and select Run to open a Run box. Type optionalfeatures and press Enter. Ensure that Internet Explorer 11 is selected.

    Without knowing more about the program you refer to, it's difficult to make suggestions. What happens when you try to run the program? Is it commercially available? Where?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-22T19:32:21+00:00

    So what now Ian Mungal? My Friend of the court office has one program and it needs to open with IE11. I have tried enterprise mode site manager and I am almost there but cannot get program to open in edge IE mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments