Internet Explorer mode gone?

Anonymous
2020-06-01T11:42:41+00:00

Hello Microsoft Community,

For the past 2 months I had been using and testing IE Mode integration within the chromium version of the Edge Browser.

I had the "Enable IE integration" enabled in edge://flags and had been running Edge in admin with the command line "--ie-mode-test"

This was working on Friday 29th May but this morning 1st June the option in "More tools > Open in Internet Explorer Mode" is no longer present.

Any ideas or has IE integration moved exclusively to Local Group Policy ?

Welcome to any suggestions,

Thanks for you time,

Omega.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-19T16:54:48+00:00

    Edge Settings, Default Browser - NOT THERE

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-03T02:24:51+00:00

    Interesting, I have 2 computers, one running 1909 (windows Pro) and one running 1803 Enterprise. both have Edge 88.0.705.81 running, the former has the slider on "Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode", the latter does not have that option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-03T19:59:59+00:00

    So you don't have a option in settings to turn on IE mode? This is Windows 10 right? You have IE installed on the computer, and it is not with group policy? 

    Um, I dont' know but maybe the group policy removed IE?

    Try these steps, or if not. Maybe try reisnatlling Edge and removing all data. Then maybe contact Edge Insider Support? or support.microsoft.com/contactus

    [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret IE Mode in Microsoft Edge Web Browser - AskVG

    *Note this is not a Micorosft Website and should be cautious while clicing links or downloads. 

    Shawn

    *not allficated with micorosft

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-03T19:51:56+00:00

    I found an option to add a IE Mode extension.   It works but I don't know if its the same as when it was imbedded in the browser.  I was hoping I could switch in the middle of a task at the point when my edge browser isn't compatible with this site I that requires need me to log items.   Instead it opens a new window and I have to re-enter my user name and password (which doesn't remember) to the home page of the site I was just on.   Now that I'm playing with this futher...I think its just opening up explorer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-01T20:48:46+00:00

    That is very strange, since I still have the allow IE to be shown. you checked the default browser settings on your computer? Is this a personal computer or a work computer since a policy may have removed it. It would be great if you can contact micorsoft support at support.microsoft.com/contactus to get a remote session or some advice on it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments