Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello Microsoft Community,
For the past 2 months I had been using and testing IE Mode integration within the chromium version of the Edge Browser.
I had the "Enable IE integration" enabled in edge://flags and had been running Edge in admin with the command line "--ie-mode-test"
This was working on Friday 29th May but this morning 1st June the option in "More tools > Open in Internet Explorer Mode" is no longer present.
Any ideas or has IE integration moved exclusively to Local Group Policy ?
Welcome to any suggestions,
Thanks for you time,
Omega.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The flags are set differently on Edge 88 and above, edit your edge shortcut target to this (or run via command line)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --flag-switches-begin --internet-explorer-integration=iemode --ie-mode-test --enable-features=msInternetExplorerIntegrationEnhancedHangResistance --flag-switches-end
You'll get a prompt about having an "unsupported command-line flag: --ie-mode-test..." but the open in ie option is there again in more tools as of Edge 88.0.705.63
You can additionally use local gpo or regedit to create a sitelist for websites you want to open in IE mode (using IE5-11) in case a site only works on versions older than IE11
Hello Microsoft Community,
For the past 2 months I had been using and testing IE Mode integration within the chromium version of the Edge Browser.
I had the "Enable IE integration" enabled in edge://flags and had been running Edge in admin with the command line "--ie-mode-test"
This was working on Friday 29th May but this morning 1st June the option in "More tools > Open in Internet Explorer Mode" is no longer present.Any ideas or has IE integration moved exclusively to Local Group Policy ?
Welcome to any suggestions,
Thanks for you time,
Omega.
Well good on Microsoft for making sure everyone was aware of this change /s
Anyway thanks a ton, this resolved a really roundabout issue I've been having with the "Enterprise Mode Site List" in Edge for several hours!
Not to mention that it's exactly the solution nearly everyone on this thread needs!
Many thanks. Adding value in registry as below solved my IE mode not running in MS Edge:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge]"InternetExplorerIntegrationLevel"=dword:00000001
My case is after I update to latest Windows 20H2, MS Edge Version 91.0.864.41, option for "Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer" under Settings -> Default browser become missing. And not able to choose "More tools > Reload in Internet Explorer Mode" as well.
I follow this Website to enable IE Mode via Group Policy and at the end I enable both Config IE Integration and Allow IE Mode Testing now that Open site in IE Mode does show up in more tools now
How to enable IE Mode on Microsoft Edge Chromium • Pureinfotech
I definitely didn't see the IE options in Edge after the latest updates. However, I think I managed to get this working by first setting up an Enterprise Mode site list and then adding these three registry keys.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\EnterpriseMode] "SiteList"="https://<yourserver>/IEMode.xml" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main\EnterpriseMode] "SiteList"="https://<yourserver>/IEMode.xml" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge] "InternetExplorerIntegrationLevel"=dword:00000001
You can confirm the list is working by going to edge://compat/enterprise and see how Edge is trying to use IE at edge://compat/iediagnostic