Managing bookmarks, browsing history, and downloads in Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I do not use Microsoft Edge. After this mornings snafu with Defender I decided to open Edge to make sure that it was up to date. No it wasn't. So after updating Edge and restarting it, without my permission Microsoft decided to import all my bookmarks and favorites from Chrome?. What is going on at Microsoft?
when you install windows it's the default browser. Then when you go to download Chrome they give you all this **** about how great Edge is. Then unlike before you have to change every default permissions manually to Chrome.
Now they go and Import all my stuff from Chrome WITHOUT ASKING? Then after importing everything you have to go to settings to tell EDGE not to do that....Couldn't this behavior trigger a lawsuit or something like it did in Europe? Ha Ha Behavior...wasn't that their big SNAFU this morning?
ranting and raving done...
have a great day
Managing bookmarks, browsing history, and downloads in Edge on Windows 11
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
This feature can be deactivated in the settings menu. To do this click on the ellipsis(...) top right > Settings > Profiles > Import browser data > Import browser data from Google Chrome on each launch > Turn off.
I use Edge for personal, and Chrome for work and I've encountered this issue today and have had to spend 30 minutes manually deleting over a hundred bookmarks/accounts/logins from Edge that were automatically imported and in many cases overridden the exisiting accounts/logins I use in Edge.
I'm happy for new features but making such fundamental experience-changing features like this autiomatic is a poor show.
Imported all my bookmarks from my personal account even though I created a NEW business named account, thats right a NEW account with microsoft and it imported my personal bookmarks. NOT HAPPY HOPE SOMEONE GETS FIRED.
Doesn't work for me. It does not offer an option to turn it off. This is incredibly frustrating. I want to keep access separate for a number of reasons. Copying passwords over increases the chances of an exposure. I've managed to delete most of the copied passwords... I had to go through because there are some I actually use with Edge, and Edge alone. I deleted all the "selected items" that were offered to be copied...except even then, I couldn't delete them all. So I left one item to be copied. Stop doing things for us.
This broke my browser usage and flow. I hope someone is fired over this.