Managing bookmarks, browsing history, and downloads in Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I do not use Microsoft Edge. After this mornings snafu with Defender I decided to open Edge to make sure that it was up to date. No it wasn't. So after updating Edge and restarting it, without my permission Microsoft decided to import all my bookmarks and favorites from Chrome?. What is going on at Microsoft?
when you install windows it's the default browser. Then when you go to download Chrome they give you all this **** about how great Edge is. Then unlike before you have to change every default permissions manually to Chrome.
Now they go and Import all my stuff from Chrome WITHOUT ASKING? Then after importing everything you have to go to settings to tell EDGE not to do that....Couldn't this behavior trigger a lawsuit or something like it did in Europe? Ha Ha Behavior...wasn't that their big SNAFU this morning?
ranting and raving done...
have a great day
Managing bookmarks, browsing history, and downloads in Edge on Windows 11
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
This feature can be deactivated in the settings menu. To do this click on the ellipsis(...) top right > Settings > Profiles > Import browser data > Import browser data from Google Chrome on each launch > Turn off.
Please tell the Edge team this is an egregious abuse and further confirms that Microsoft is now prioritizing gathering user information rather than building products that are so good people would naturally be drawn to use them.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
How to uninstall Microsoft Edge for destroying trust and possibly illegally without permission importing other browsers data?
Same thing happened to me this morning. No input from me whatsoever. I can only assume Edge installed an update over the weekend and triggered this behaviour. A gross invasion of privacy, a very serious interruption to workflow. Possibly a GDPR breach as well? I cannot fathom why they did this. I have submitted a complaint but this is such a serious breach that, as soon as I have control over my IT later this year, I will never use Edge again. Microsoft have proved they cannot be trusted. I wish I wasn't locked into Windows.