Confused about Edge profiles

Anonymous
2023-04-04T00:02:12+00:00

When my Edge browser is open to a new tab, the icon on the Task Bar reads, "New tab- Profile 1- Micrososft Edge" That seems correct.

But always appearing on my Edge menu at the top of the browser is a circular icon with the shadow image of a person's head and shoulders, and a yellow dot on the circle's circumference which shows Profile 2 when I hover my cursor on it. When I click on this menu button, a drop-down appears which says Profile 2, sign in to sync data. It also has a place to check if I want to join Microsoft Rewards, but I already get Microsoft Rewards. I have redeemed a lot of rewards.

This is very confusing.

I have no idea what data it is referring to.

Why would I want to sync?

Why does it think I don't already have Microsoft Rewards

Why does it say Profile 2 instead of Profile 1?

What is this icon for?

How can I get rid of it?

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-06T20:32:36+00:00

    Hello? Firedog, Rodrigo, I still need your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Rodrigo Queiroz 78,710 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-04-04T22:32:52+00:00

    Yes, I know it is confusing, but something happened with Profile 1 and it was deleted or merged with Profile 2. Your reward points are synced to your Microsoft account, not your Edge profile, when you sign in on Edge they will appear on the profile.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Rodrigo Queiroz 78,710 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-04-04T13:22:06+00:00

    Looks like it is opening into Profile 2. What do you see on Settings > Profiles?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T01:54:27+00:00

    Thank you for helping me Rodrigo. The answer to your question is NO. See attached screenshot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Rodrigo Queiroz 78,710 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-04-04T01:27:28+00:00

    Hi loyall,

    I'm Rodrigo and I'll help you.

    When you open the Profile icon on the top, does your e-mail or Profile 1 appears right below Profile 2?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments