How to block news channels, or domains, on Microsoft Edge news feeds

Anonymous
2021-04-21T18:02:21+00:00

I keep getting content that I do not want. 

Ie: I do not want anything from Newsweek, Washington Examiner, Fox News or other tabloid 'news' sites.

How do I block them?

I need to either block these bad sites or uninstall Edge. 

Multiple threads on the same subject merged 

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-17T14:44:21+00:00

    I have blocked publishers I have no interest in seeing. However, after shutting down and restarting my laptop everything that is blocked is no longer blocked. I tried using the I do not like this and selecting the publisher as well as using the dots to block and refresh. Is there a way to save this list or save it to a batch file to add the blocking every day without having to do it one at a time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-18T20:21:15+00:00

    So it is not just me. It is frustrating that I get so many sites that I have no interest in reading and will never read. But every time I open there they are. So they put that there so it might apply only to those sites that they do not care if you see.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-27T01:12:46+00:00

    I do not have the "Hide stories from" option when I click on the 3 dots. I only have TWO options. Save for later, and Report an Issue. That's it. No option to block a publisher. Which is why I'm here, trying to figure out how to do it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments