Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I keep getting content that I do not want.
Ie: I do not want anything from Newsweek, Washington Examiner, Fox News or other tabloid 'news' sites.
How do I block them?
I need to either block these bad sites or uninstall Edge.
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Each news item should have an ellipsis ⋯ in the bottom right-hand corner. Click on it to Hide content from that source.
Hello,
That's a very good suggestion, and I can definitely appreciate it! I'm going to make a note of it. I'd also recommend that you send in your thoughts, as well. You can do this by going to the "..." in the top right corner, scrolling down to "Help and Feedback", and then clicking on "Send Feedback". Once you do, you'll be able to send the team your suggestions. While I can definitely forward your notes, it also helps boost visibility when the team gets messages straight from the users, as well!
I appreciate your chatting with me about this, and if you have any other questions, please let me know. Have a good day!
Thanks Ben, I've sent the feedback.
For some reason, doing the "hide stories from" usually works, but STUPID DISGUSTING FOX NEWS ALWAYS COMES BACK EVEN AFTER I PERMANENTLY BLOCK IT. Don't give your lame description of how this "permanently" works when it only "permanently" works for certain blocked organizations. But since you guys at Microsoft ignore us when we try to block Fox, and you just put it back into the feed, it's time to block every Microsoft product where an alternative is available. Either truly allow me to block Fox, or I will block you.
While we all want to customize this feature to see different content, we are all saying the same thing and MS is dancing around the answer instead of shooting straight with us.
The fact is, they have implemented a blacklisting feature for the news feed. This requires all of us to manually, individually and painfully hide the thousands of publishers that we want to block.
What we want is a whitelisting feature. This would allow us to hit a single checkbox that says "block all but allowed publishers". Then we would simply have to go through the list and turn on the publishers that we want to see.
Unfortunately, I don't see them doing this or owning up to it. The fact is, they are likely making money from the publishers so they are going to make this as painful for us as possible if it means taking money out of their pockets.
We have the same issues with our phones and our cable TV. This is why we cannot get telemarketers completely and easily blocked on our phones and also why we cannot get ala-cart TV instead of packages with hundreds of channels.
We moved away from the "supply and demand" model where the company that pleases the customer the most wins and into the "you have to be happy with what we supply and you don't get to demand" model. Companies these days worship the almighty AD dollar more than the loyal customer dollar.