Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I keep getting content that I do not want.
Ie: I do not want anything from Newsweek, Washington Examiner, Fox News or other tabloid 'news' sites.
How do I block them?
I need to either block these bad sites or uninstall Edge.
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Each news item should have an ellipsis ⋯ in the bottom right-hand corner. Click on it to Hide content from that source.
Most of the items in my newsfeed either have 3 dots at lower right corner or clearly say AD. The one exception is ussanews.com that I have been unable to figure out how to block, despite multiple attempts. As you can see, there are now options on this block. Using Version 100.0.1185.44 (Official build) (64-bit) on Surface Pro 6.
Hi: I have also had this issue with the faux news sites like Fox, The Hill, Wash Examiner, Daily Mail, WSJ, etc., that I block every day, but which constantly reappear like Freddy Krueger. The latest outlet for the insurrectionists is something called USSA News - see attached pic. Their news stories have no ellipsis, so I can't get rid of them. I have no issue uninstalling Edge if that's what it takes?
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Anything with [sitename] - from the web as it's source can't be blocked, it seems. This is incredibly annoying as virtually all of the "from the web" items in my feed are low quality garbage (prime example: ussanews). It would be great if there was a way to block these--there are enough of them now that switching my home page to Google News is probably a better option than the Edge feed.