How to block news channels, or domains, on Microsoft Edge news feeds

Anonymous
2021-04-21T18:02:21+00:00

I keep getting content that I do not want. 

Ie: I do not want anything from Newsweek, Washington Examiner, Fox News or other tabloid 'news' sites.

How do I block them?

I need to either block these bad sites or uninstall Edge. 

Multiple threads on the same subject merged 

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-03-16T21:49:05+00:00

    This is a great idea. So sick of articles twisting the truth. SALON especially.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Reported
    Anonymous
    2022-03-16T21:55:38+00:00

    Burying your head in the sand won't make reality go away. I often watch CNN to try to understand why people act the way they do, or have opinions that don't resemble logic.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-04-02T00:02:57+00:00

    Blocking sources does NOT work.

    I am repeatedly shown "Sky News" articles and nearly every video presented in "any" news source is a Sky News video for me.

    I have blocked every single Sky affiliate I can, but it's still popping up. And I am logged in.

    "Blocking sources" is obviously bugged or non-functional for a reason.

    I noticed right clicking (in news feeds) to inspect the webpage has been removed from edge and as a web developer I can see they are locking people in to watching whatever Microsoft wants.

    This browser behaviour is monopolistic. I think Microsoft has been in trouble for this in the past, they haven't learned from it.

    Sadly can't use this browser, and advise all my clients never to use it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-02T01:39:23+00:00

    Yeah good luck with that. I block site (pop sugar for one). It comes back a few days later. I have pretty much given up and use Google's news feed. There I have Kardashian's blocked, so I see nothing they are doing. No way to do that on MS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments