Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I keep getting content that I do not want.
Ie: I do not want anything from Newsweek, Washington Examiner, Fox News or other tabloid 'news' sites.
How do I block them?
I need to either block these bad sites or uninstall Edge.
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Each news item should have an ellipsis ⋯ in the bottom right-hand corner. Click on it to Hide content from that source.
This does not work.
The "hide stories from" and "not interested in this story" options do not work. I've hidden several news sites and stories and they still pop up in my feed.
Exactly!
Even though my list of blocked outlets (E! and all variants, People, Wonderwall, anything to do with royalty.) Bet it individual stories or sites, my feed regurgitates them over and over and over. Inescapable. "Hide" feature is useless. Stuck with FAR too many Britney Spears or Kardashians stories with which must keep up (?)
How can my blocked outlets truly 'stick' and prevent me from having to see? (or at minimum, blocking a story/headline....how can I cease seeing once and for all after declaring lack of interest AND requesting to block the site?)
The "hide stories from" and "not interested in this story" options do not work. I've hidden several news sites and stories and they still pop up in my feed.
I agree.