Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I keep getting content that I do not want.
Ie: I do not want anything from Newsweek, Washington Examiner, Fox News or other tabloid 'news' sites.
How do I block them?
I need to either block these bad sites or uninstall Edge.
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Each news item should have an ellipsis ⋯ in the bottom right-hand corner. Click on it to Hide content from that source.
Blocking sources does NOT work.
I am repeatedly shown "Sky News" articles and nearly every video presented in "any" news source is a Sky News video for me.
I have blocked every single Sky affiliate I can, but it's still popping up. And I am logged in.
"Blocking sources" is obviously bugged or non-functional for a reason.
I noticed right clicking (in news feeds) to inspect the webpage has been removed from edge and as a web developer I can see they are locking people in to watching whatever Microsoft wants.
This browser behaviour is monopolistic. I think Microsoft has been in trouble for this in the past, they haven't learned from it.
Sadly can't use this browser, and advise all my clients never to use it.
I have blocked publishers I have no interest in seeing. However, after shutting down and restarting my laptop everything that is blocked is no longer blocked. I tried using the I do not like this and selecting the publisher as well as using the dots to block and refresh. Is there a way to save this list or save it to a batch file to add the blocking every day without having to do it one at a time.
So it is not just me. It is frustrating that I get so many sites that I have no interest in reading and will never read. But every time I open there they are. So they put that there so it might apply only to those sites that they do not care if you see.
Hello Ben - there is not a "..." option on any article in my news feed.
Your screenshot is of an MSN news page, not the news feed on Edge's New Tab Page that this thread discusses. Some of the content may be shared between the two, but they don't work in exactly the same way. You can ask questions about msn.com here: Results in MSN - Microsoft Community
I'm afraid Ben is no longer with us.