Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I keep getting content that I do not want.
Ie: I do not want anything from Newsweek, Washington Examiner, Fox News or other tabloid 'news' sites.
How do I block them?
I need to either block these bad sites or uninstall Edge.
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Each news item should have an ellipsis ⋯ in the bottom right-hand corner. Click on it to Hide content from that source.
Amen. I have blocked hundreds of feeds and then they seem to come back.
It doesn't work. I believe it used to, but not anymore. I'm tried of seeing Wonderwall, People and the other trash sites.
Hello,
My name is Ben, and I'm here as a Community Manager on behalf of Microsoft Edge. I would like to discuss this issue further, as I completely understand the importance of curating your news feed. The first thing I would like to affirm is the option to choose the "Hide Stories From" selection. On any given article, there will be a "..." button. When you click on that, you can hide all stories from that publisher permanently. If there is a specific site you don't wish to see, this would be the most immediate option.
If this option is not appearing, please post a screenshot of what you see, as well as the version number of your Microsoft Edge browser. I'll be glad to look into this further. It's important that we have as positive an experience as possible while we browse the news, and I absolutely wish to help.
Thank you for your time, and I wish you all the best. Have a great day!
-Ben
I'm having a different problem. The Hide Stories From option is appearing, but Edge keeps "forgetting" that I've hidden certain sources, especially Fox News and similar right-wing media outlets.
Hello,
My name is Ben, and I'm here as a Community Manager on behalf of Microsoft Edge. I would like to discuss this issue further, as I completely understand the importance of curating your news feed. The first thing I would like to affirm is the option to choose the "Hide Stories From" selection. On any given article, there will be a "..." button. When you click on that, you can hide all stories from that publisher permanently. If there is a specific site you don't wish to see, this would be the most immediate option.
If this option is not appearing, please post a screenshot of what you see, as well as the version number of your Microsoft Edge browser. I'll be glad to look into this further. It's important that we have as positive an experience as possible while we browse the news, and I absolutely wish to help.
Thank you for your time, and I wish you all the best. Have a great day!
-Ben