How to block news channels, or domains, on Microsoft Edge news feeds

Anonymous
2021-04-21T18:02:21+00:00

I keep getting content that I do not want. 

Ie: I do not want anything from Newsweek, Washington Examiner, Fox News or other tabloid 'news' sites.

How do I block them?

I need to either block these bad sites or uninstall Edge. 

Multiple threads on the same subject merged 

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-04T13:53:33+00:00

    For some reason, doing the "hide stories from" usually works, but STUPID DISGUSTING FOX NEWS ALWAYS COMES BACK EVEN AFTER I PERMANENTLY BLOCK IT. Don't give your lame description of how this "permanently" works when it only "permanently" works for certain blocked organizations. But since you guys at Microsoft ignore us when we try to block Fox, and you just put it back into the feed, it's time to block every Microsoft product where an alternative is available. Either truly allow me to block Fox, or I will block you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-10T13:28:27+00:00

    While we all want to customize this feature to see different content, we are all saying the same thing and MS is dancing around the answer instead of shooting straight with us.

    The fact is, they have implemented a blacklisting feature for the news feed. This requires all of us to manually, individually and painfully hide the thousands of publishers that we want to block.

    What we want is a whitelisting feature. This would allow us to hit a single checkbox that says "block all but allowed publishers". Then we would simply have to go through the list and turn on the publishers that we want to see.

    Unfortunately, I don't see them doing this or owning up to it. The fact is, they are likely making money from the publishers so they are going to make this as painful for us as possible if it means taking money out of their pockets.

    We have the same issues with our phones and our cable TV. This is why we cannot get telemarketers completely and easily blocked on our phones and also why we cannot get ala-cart TV instead of packages with hundreds of channels.

    We moved away from the "supply and demand" model where the company that pleases the customer the most wins and into the "you have to be happy with what we supply and you don't get to demand" model. Companies these days worship the almighty AD dollar more than the loyal customer dollar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-22T19:39:45+00:00

    I still would like to block domains.

    Google Chrome lets one do it. 

    ie: foxnews.com 

    I don't want AI to determine if fox news is forcing their entertainment on me. I want to simply lock the domain.
    It would be easy and very effective to block their 'news'

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-22T14:57:51+00:00

    Hi NeuroPsyche,

    Good day! This is Jhakesong an Independent Advisor and I will be happy to assist you with this.

    Give this a try to personalize your Edge News page.

    1. Launch Edge
    2. Go to your Feed
    3. If there is an article from a publisher that you don't want to see, hover your mouse on that article
    4. Click the 3 dots symbol on the lower right corner of that article.
    5. Select "Hide stories from ..."
    6. Click Hide to confirm.
    7. Refresh your Feed and you should not get anymore articles from the hidden publisher.

    Let me know how it goes. Have a great day!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments