Restore Previous open tabs after Windows Update

Anonymous
2021-03-22T18:16:18+00:00

An unscheduled reboot of Windows 10 to install updates has deleted all of my open tabs in Edge Chromium.  I have no way to restore the previous session, and the "reopen closed tabs" option does not work.  I have solved the problem for future tabs by selecting the "Continue where you left off" options in the "On startup" settings, but that does nothing to help me with the tabs I have already lost.  You'd think there'd be an easy solution to this with as easily as Windows 10 reboots without permission, but I have yet to find one.

Any help for this annoying (and counterintuitive) issue?

[Original Title: Edge Chromium]

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-20T22:19:12+00:00

    No other words as you state above.

    Try copying the URL ( edge://flags/#edge-ask-before-closing-multiple-tabs ) and pasting it into the address bar. Otherwise, just visit edge://flags and use search to find the flag.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-22T18:02:23+00:00

    That didn't work either. Why so convoluted? "ask before closing multiple tabs" is not where you sent me. I'm tired of trying to do this. I'll just be more careful before hitting that "X" when closing only one tab.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-22T18:04:33+00:00

    Forgot to say: I went here and put "enabled" and now nothing closes! I give up on this browser. I'll go back to Yahoo.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-22T19:00:19+00:00

    I went here and put "enabled" and now nothing closes!

    I'm sorry, what does 'nothing closes' mean? That nothing happens when you click on the 🗙 in the corner of an Edge window? What about if you click ⋯ (Settings and more) > Close Microsoft Edge?

    At ⋯ (Settings and more) > Settings > Appearance, is Ask before closing multiple tabs On or Off? If it's Off, you won't see a warning. If it's On, you will.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-24T14:27:28+00:00

    Nothing closes means when I hit the "X" none of the tabs will close; must be done individually.

    I went here: At ⋯ (Settings and more) > Settings > Appearance, is Ask before closing multiple tabsI did this now: (did not see at bottom before.) It WORKS now! Thanks a million.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments