Restore Previous open tabs after Windows Update

Anonymous
2021-03-22T18:16:18+00:00

An unscheduled reboot of Windows 10 to install updates has deleted all of my open tabs in Edge Chromium.  I have no way to restore the previous session, and the "reopen closed tabs" option does not work.  I have solved the problem for future tabs by selecting the "Continue where you left off" options in the "On startup" settings, but that does nothing to help me with the tabs I have already lost.  You'd think there'd be an easy solution to this with as easily as Windows 10 reboots without permission, but I have yet to find one.

Any help for this annoying (and counterintuitive) issue?

[Original Title: Edge Chromium]

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-08T18:00:08+00:00

    @iFiredog...

    The focus of this thread is what DOES NOT open upon relaunch of EDGE after a reboot..., I'm staying focused.

    But to humor you..., and as stated before by others..., rereading the thread, EDGE launches to the home page. For me, I keep that at msn.com.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-14T19:52:38+00:00

    I am SO frustrated. MS keeps doing updates without notification and then all my open working windows and tabs are lost when it restarts. Back to zero. I have spent the last hour doing searches to see how to recover or at least have my settings to that this stops happening. History setting doesn't show my previous working tabs.

    This is VERY frustrating. Please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-20T20:04:47+00:00

    Ben,

    Before we accidently clicked the right "X" to close all Edge tabs, it would ask, "do we want to close all tabs." Now it doesn't! How stupid is that? You have something right then change it. The box in the history does not exist.

    Now I've lost what I was doing. I HATE Edge!

    Betty

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-20T20:31:33+00:00

    Before we accidently clicked the right "X" to close all Edge tabs, it would ask, "do we want to close all tabs." Now it doesn't!

    This feature was introduced for testing some months ago. You can try it out for yourself: in a new tab, visit this page: edge://flags/#edge-ask-before-closing-multiple-tabs. You can then set the flag Ask Before Closing Multiple Tabs to Enabled.

    After restarting the browser, you'll find the new option at ⋯ (Settings and more) > Settings > Appearance; turn it On to be warned before closing multiple tabs accidentally.

    You should also try to remember the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-T, which will re-open any tab you just closed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-20T20:43:44+00:00

    Firedog,

    Went to that web page and it shows: No other words as you state above.

    Chavelajean

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments