Restore Previous open tabs after Windows Update

Anonymous
2021-03-22T18:16:18+00:00

An unscheduled reboot of Windows 10 to install updates has deleted all of my open tabs in Edge Chromium.  I have no way to restore the previous session, and the "reopen closed tabs" option does not work.  I have solved the problem for future tabs by selecting the "Continue where you left off" options in the "On startup" settings, but that does nothing to help me with the tabs I have already lost.  You'd think there'd be an easy solution to this with as easily as Windows 10 reboots without permission, but I have yet to find one.

Any help for this annoying (and counterintuitive) issue?

[Original Title: Edge Chromium]

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-08T11:56:22+00:00

    @iFiredog,

    Humoring your belaboring,... as I already answered your question, the answer to your repeated question, again, remains the same as previously stated. No, this does not work on a Windows 10 and Edge browser, with all the latest updates applied.

    Also stated in response to your repeated queries - considering the obvious questions and clear limitations of the setting's stated design (understood by anyone doing a simple review of the settings page), this is NOT the design people need, in the very common case of multiple browser session/windows. Why? the assumption of the design won't know which of the open windows to restore, upon restart/reboot after a automatic shut-down from a windows update, or other EDGE browser window close event. But, since it doesn't work, no one can actually test it reliably.

    [FWIW, I have tested this on the latest unreleased developer version of EDGE, and, well, it's broken there too.]

    Please don't assume that I have not already reported this design flaw to the EDGE dev team. I'm well plugged in there.

    That's it for me. Carry on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-08T13:10:49+00:00

    4Steins, your posts are confusing, maybe due to being lost in translation, but if I am able to understand your issue... Are you saying if you close Edge that has multiple windows, each with multiple tabs, that when you open Edge again, all previous windows with their tabs are not restored? It works for me just fine, and I have 5 Edge windows with about 100 to 400 tabs in each. Sometimes over the past months Edge crashed and it asks me to restore the previous tabs and that also works fine for all the windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-08T16:58:56+00:00

    Also stated in response to your repeated queries ...

    The last one was quite simple, so I don't quite know why you won't answer it.

    Which page(s) open when you launch Edge?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments