Restore Previous open tabs after Windows Update

Anonymous
2021-03-22T18:16:18+00:00

An unscheduled reboot of Windows 10 to install updates has deleted all of my open tabs in Edge Chromium.  I have no way to restore the previous session, and the "reopen closed tabs" option does not work.  I have solved the problem for future tabs by selecting the "Continue where you left off" options in the "On startup" settings, but that does nothing to help me with the tabs I have already lost.  You'd think there'd be an easy solution to this with as easily as Windows 10 reboots without permission, but I have yet to find one.

Any help for this annoying (and counterintuitive) issue?

[Original Title: Edge Chromium]

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-09T19:24:24+00:00

    I'm happy to hear it 🙂

    If you'd like to stop receiving email notifications about this topic, scroll up to the top of the page where you'll see Hope and Joy's original question. At the foot of the question, above the Replies heading, you'll see a number of buttons and links, one of which is Subscribe. Click on that, and then on Unsubscribe. You won't be bothered again by replies in this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-15T17:31:09+00:00

    Done--hit "unsubsrible." Thanks for the hint.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-16T00:05:40+00:00

    I have that option marked but for some weird reason, it doesn't go back to where I left off. & no more box appears asking to reopen tabs from last session any more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-13T16:42:59+00:00

    I have checked "Open tabs from the previous session" in my settings and it never works. When Edge closes unexpectedly, and I restart Edge, the option to reopen last session is greyed out. If an update is applied and the system reboots, the option is greyed out. This sucks. I was working on my Ancestry and had dozens of pages open to research and now they're all gone. I've been working on then for weeks now and it will take me weeks, if not months to find and figure out where I was again. This is unacceptable. Edge is the worst browser on the planet. Pages don't load correctly, radio buttons don't work, sending yourself links like password hints are never received and a host of other problems occur whenever I use it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-20T12:01:53+00:00

    This just happened to me. All my open tabs were lost due to an unscheduled update. Is there now a way to recover them? I'm also not seeing the option in settings "on start up" or "continue where I left off" to set myself up to avoid this in the future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments