Restore Previous open tabs after Windows Update

Anonymous
2021-03-22T18:16:18+00:00

An unscheduled reboot of Windows 10 to install updates has deleted all of my open tabs in Edge Chromium.  I have no way to restore the previous session, and the "reopen closed tabs" option does not work.  I have solved the problem for future tabs by selecting the "Continue where you left off" options in the "On startup" settings, but that does nothing to help me with the tabs I have already lost.  You'd think there'd be an easy solution to this with as easily as Windows 10 reboots without permission, but I have yet to find one.

Any help for this annoying (and counterintuitive) issue?

[Original Title: Edge Chromium]

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-22T19:32:01+00:00

    Hi, my name is Talita. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be glad help you today.

    Please see if you find the options for this method:

    In Edge look for "Settings", click in the field below "Open Microsoft Edge with". In the list that appears, choose the "Previous pages" option.

    The goal is that when starting Edge it will show the same tabs that you were viewing before closing it and will be able to continue what you were doing.

    I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

    Sincerely

    Talita C.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-22T19:55:01+00:00

    There is no "Open Microsoft Edge with" option under settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-22T22:27:10+00:00

    The instructions you were given are for a different program, the original version of Microsoft Edge which has now reached end-of-support and which will be removed automatically next month.

    To find the setting you need, click ⋯ (Settings and more) > Settings > On start-up and select Continue where you left off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-23T02:49:00+00:00

    As I wrote in my original post:

    "I have solved the problem for future tabs by selecting the "Continue where you left off" options in the "On startup" settings, but that does nothing to help me with the tabs I have already lost."

    I have already tried that feature, and it does not work in a way that helps me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-23T03:00:59+00:00

    I'm sorry that the answer was not helpful.

    Another suggestion is to go to your browsing history and open the missing page

    But don't worry, other colleagues will be able to help you with new ideas

    Sincerely

    Talita

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments