Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
An unscheduled reboot of Windows 10 to install updates has deleted all of my open tabs in Edge Chromium. I have no way to restore the previous session, and the "reopen closed tabs" option does not work. I have solved the problem for future tabs by selecting the "Continue where you left off" options in the "On startup" settings, but that does nothing to help me with the tabs I have already lost. You'd think there'd be an easy solution to this with as easily as Windows 10 reboots without permission, but I have yet to find one.
Any help for this annoying (and counterintuitive) issue?
[Original Title: Edge Chromium]
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
That didn't work either. Why so convoluted? "ask before closing multiple tabs" is not where you sent me. I'm tired of trying to do this. I'll just be more careful before hitting that "X" when closing only one tab.
Thanks.
No other words as you state above.
Try copying the URL ( edge://flags/#edge-ask-before-closing-multiple-tabs ) and pasting it into the address bar. Otherwise, just visit edge://flags and use search to find the flag.
Before we accidently clicked the right "X" to close all Edge tabs, it would ask, "do we want to close all tabs." Now it doesn't!
This feature was introduced for testing some months ago. You can try it out for yourself: in a new tab, visit this page: edge://flags/#edge-ask-before-closing-multiple-tabs. You can then set the flag Ask Before Closing Multiple Tabs to Enabled.
After restarting the browser, you'll find the new option at ⋯ (Settings and more) > Settings > Appearance; turn it On to be warned before closing multiple tabs accidentally.
You should also try to remember the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-T, which will re-open any tab you just closed.
Ben,
Before we accidently clicked the right "X" to close all Edge tabs, it would ask, "do we want to close all tabs." Now it doesn't! How stupid is that? You have something right then change it. The box in the history does not exist.
Now I've lost what I was doing. I HATE Edge!
Betty