Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
An unscheduled reboot of Windows 10 to install updates has deleted all of my open tabs in Edge Chromium. I have no way to restore the previous session, and the "reopen closed tabs" option does not work. I have solved the problem for future tabs by selecting the "Continue where you left off" options in the "On startup" settings, but that does nothing to help me with the tabs I have already lost. You'd think there'd be an easy solution to this with as easily as Windows 10 reboots without permission, but I have yet to find one.
Any help for this annoying (and counterintuitive) issue?
[Original Title: Edge Chromium]
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Done--hit "unsubsrible." Thanks for the hint.
I'm happy to hear it 🙂
If you'd like to stop receiving email notifications about this topic, scroll up to the top of the page where you'll see Hope and Joy's original question. At the foot of the question, above the Replies heading, you'll see a number of buttons and links, one of which is Subscribe. Click on that, and then on Unsubscribe. You won't be bothered again by replies in this thread.
It's working now! Thanks.
When I'd close down Edge &/or restart, there used to be a box that came up when I'd open Edge again, asking if I wanted to restore my last session. I loved that & used it ALL the time. But now its gone. The past several days or so, that box is not coming up asking if I want to restore my last session. I'd like to know why? Or where is it? Or how do I get it back?
I can't remember all of the tabs I had open or the sites for them after restarting. So now all of my work I had(all the tabs I had open) are now gone. & I have no idea how to get them back since the restore box isn't showing now. I'm NOT happy! Was there an update that removed this restore box, moved it or did something else with it? I'd like for them to put it back please!!!
Now I have NO idea what tabs I had open, what they were or where they are now. Thanks A LOT!!!... joking!
Please please please put the restore last session box back, PLEASE!!! Or at least let me know where it is or how to access it again. PLEASE!!!!!!
Thank you!
It now works! Hope it stays working. Thanks for your expert help.