Kids mode not available in Edge

Anonymous
2021-04-17T15:42:26+00:00

After updating to Edge 90.0.818.41 the new Kids mode doesn't exist even though the welcome "tips" advertised it.

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-04-17T20:59:41+00:00

The feature is being rolled out gradually, so not everyone will have it yet. Look again in a day or two.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-12T22:07:13+00:00

    Hello, sean_270!

    My name is Ben, and I'm a Community Manager for Microsoft Edge. I'd be glad to discuss this with you, as I definitely understand your concern with its availability.

    We're excited about Kids Mode! To make sure that everything about this mode runs as smoothly as possible, we are gradually rolling out this feature. It is our hope that it is available to everyone very soon, and I'll be glad to provide further updates as they become available. In the meantime, thank you for your patience and checking in!

    I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.

    -Ben The CM

    Hi Ben!!  Any update related with the Kids Mode Availability?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-12T22:41:43+00:00

    We're excited about Kids Mode! To make sure that everything about this mode runs as smoothly as possible, we are gradually rolling out this feature. It is our hope that it is available to everyone very soon, and I'll be glad to provide further updates as they become available. In the meantime, thank you for your patience and checking in!

    I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.

    -Ben The CM

    Ben, 

    I have a strong suggestion from a parent to this marketing effort by Microsoft. Parent's do NOT have time to be teased with features shown but unavailable. We do NOT appreciate it. We deal with this enough already with our kids. Showing a feature as available that isn't available with no information that the feature is unavailable but coming soon burns our time looking.

    If you're looking for feedback on how to do this, wait until it's ready. This marketing reveal has only succeeded in cultivating a strongly negative experience from me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-13T02:54:49+00:00

    It's June 13 now and I still don't see any Kid's Mode. I'm even using Edge Canary alongside stable Edge and both of them are missing this feature. Both browsers are up to date too. I'm currently on the latest Windows 10 Dev Insider Build (Also didn't see any Kid's Mode when I wasn't an insider). I see the Kid's Mode on my brother's laptop though weirdly.

    Come on there must be some answer or explanation towards this... I was super excited to use Kid's Mode as it looks very beautiful but sadly I didn't get to see it even once. Please do something about this and take look at the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-16T15:05:30+00:00

    I'm having the same issue. I've waited like a month already!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments