PLEASE HELP ME! Why does Gmail account detects Microsoft Edge browser as Google Chrome browser, under signed in device/browser?

Anonymous
2023-03-24T04:28:09+00:00

Why does Gmail account detects Microsoft Edge browser as Google Chrome browser when I dont have google chrome installed, and I mean it does cuz my current session under google account security > your devices says > This device, mean its my computer. Can someone please confirm this error(?) because i've been paranoid since my account from different platform was hacked just recently, i need clarification, please help me!

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T05:51:20+00:00

    Figured that will be the case, Lol!
    But yes, thank you Greg!
    Right now im being cautious and keep monitoring my accounts, pass or other things are changed but in case if it was a malware/virus,
    I might end up wiping out the data on my pc worst case scenario and reinstall my OS if I do not get immediate response from the developer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T05:55:35+00:00

    Did you complete all of the steps I gave you to disinfect and fortify Windows? That's really all you need for now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T06:25:37+00:00

    I have but still havent done from command prompt part instruction yet, though i will continue doing those, just need to finish some jobs im currently working on this pc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T06:35:23+00:00

    Please complete all steps I gave you and read all the articles. Only then will you know for sure what the damage is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T06:39:35+00:00

    I will, thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments