PLEASE HELP ME! Why does Gmail account detects Microsoft Edge browser as Google Chrome browser, under signed in device/browser?

Anonymous
2023-03-24T04:28:09+00:00

Why does Gmail account detects Microsoft Edge browser as Google Chrome browser when I dont have google chrome installed, and I mean it does cuz my current session under google account security > your devices says > This device, mean its my computer. Can someone please confirm this error(?) because i've been paranoid since my account from different platform was hacked just recently, i need clarification, please help me!

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T04:09:35+00:00

    My facebook isnt getting any suspicious activities or login so far. I reviewed this activity and it is me, Cuz just to be sure, i set up my edge browser when closed it'll delete cookies, cache, password and autofill. Its really just my google account somehow detecting the edge browser as chrome. I just sent this detection from facebook that it could detect my browser perfectly as Edge, means there couldnt have been any malware or virus that have infected my browser or pc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T04:11:41+00:00

    I've also tried logging in another email in Edge browser, but gmail just reads/detect Edge as Chrome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T04:24:54+00:00

    Also from the start, its my pc device that gmail detects but just read the browser wrong (as Chrome) and i've proved it is the Edge browser im using by signing out that session. I just wanna know what could have been the problem, why gmail reads edge browser as chrome. Problem could be in Edge Browser's end or Gmail's end which I wanna figure out. Can you contact developers and ask this? is it possible?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T04:27:51+00:00

    We don't have access to developers here from the forums, but I was going to suggest you report this as a bug to Edge Developers in the Edge Hub (three dots to right of URL address bar) then Help & Feedback, then Feedback form to fill out. They may not even see it here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T04:31:42+00:00

    Ok, thank you! I'll do that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments