Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Why does Gmail account detects Microsoft Edge browser as Google Chrome browser when I dont have google chrome installed, and I mean it does cuz my current session under google account security > your devices says > This device, mean its my computer. Can someone please confirm this error(?) because i've been paranoid since my account from different platform was hacked just recently, i need clarification, please help me!
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
How about if you click the link at top of screenshot "Don't recognize something" to try to flag this mistake?
Yes, correct.
After i logged out the chrome session from my phone, my gmail on edge was logged out, so it definitely the edge browser im using was what gmail has detected, Logged it in back and its reflected as Chrome.
So it could have been the enhanced safe browsing causing this?
I did just turned it on couple of days ago. I'll try and disable it and see if there's any changes.
From everything you've reported so far I'm pretty sure it's a bug and not hacking. However I'd still read through the Hacking resource I provided you so you're fully educated and prepared because we see a lot of account hijackings lately where they change user name, password and security information in the MS Account which makes it unrecoverable.
Clicked on that and it only just show same as log it out.