PLEASE HELP ME! Why does Gmail account detects Microsoft Edge browser as Google Chrome browser, under signed in device/browser?

Anonymous
2023-03-24T04:28:09+00:00

Why does Gmail account detects Microsoft Edge browser as Google Chrome browser when I dont have google chrome installed, and I mean it does cuz my current session under google account security > your devices says > This device, mean its my computer. Can someone please confirm this error(?) because i've been paranoid since my account from different platform was hacked just recently, i need clarification, please help me!

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-24T07:07:55+00:00

    Im on microsoft edge and its the only browser i use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-24T06:56:54+00:00

    Where are those screenshots coming from exactly?

    If you don't see Chrome in Program Files then there's no reason to Take Ownership in order to delete it.

    I think it's buggy. You can Go over Windows 10 using this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

    Keep me posted on your progress as I will be here to help until the case is resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-24T06:46:43+00:00

    Also at gmail device manager, I wanted to sign it out on the detected google chrome browser, but it doesnt have an option to sign out, was it because its the current session? Time activity also doesnt change, I saw it like couple of hours ago and it still says its 1 minute from now Im viewing it. This screenshot was taken just now.
    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-24T06:40:22+00:00

    On devices there's only 1 device linked on my MS account, and its this computer.
    On apps, I see no google apps or anything that is related to it.
    About the take ownership, Do i have to install something? Im currently at windows 10 and I cannot see Take Ownership option when I right click a drive or folder.
    With Microsoft account i've already set up 2 verification process to log into my account and by the looks of devices manager its only logged onto this PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-24T06:12:59+00:00

    I understand the concern. Check if any other devices are linked to your MS Account in it's online settings here:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/man...

    Then check in Settings > Apps > Apps & Features that nothing from Google is installed there. If so then look in the Google folder in C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (86) to see if Chrome has a subfolder and delete it.

    If necessary first use this handy right click shortcut which installs a Take Ownership shortcut on your right click context menu to use on any files or folders that deny access. https://www.elevenforum.com/t/add-take-ownershi...

    You may need to use it on all folders and files in the path.

    The only warning is not to use it on C:\Windows folder as it will compromise Security.

    Change the Microsoft Account to a much more complicated one. Be sure to save it where only you can find it and will remember where you put it.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14699-reset...

    Consider settings Two Factor Authentication which sends a code to your phone to sign in, for Windows and your financial accounts which your bank will arrange:

    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-two-step...

    Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back, I will have other suggestions if necessary.

    ____________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments