PLEASE HELP ME! Why does Gmail account detects Microsoft Edge browser as Google Chrome browser, under signed in device/browser?

Anonymous
2023-03-24T04:28:09+00:00

Why does Gmail account detects Microsoft Edge browser as Google Chrome browser when I dont have google chrome installed, and I mean it does cuz my current session under google account security > your devices says > This device, mean its my computer. Can someone please confirm this error(?) because i've been paranoid since my account from different platform was hacked just recently, i need clarification, please help me!

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-24T07:29:03+00:00

    Yes, correct.
    After i logged out the chrome session from my phone, my gmail on edge was logged out, so it definitely the edge browser im using was what gmail has detected, Logged it in back and its reflected as Chrome.
    So it could have been the enhanced safe browsing causing this?
    I did just turned it on couple of days ago. I'll try and disable it and see if there's any changes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-24T07:24:00+00:00

    How about if you click the link at top of screenshot "Don't recognize something" to try to flag this mistake?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-24T07:22:42+00:00

    And it was signed out on my edge browser, so its certainly the Edge browser read as Chrome by gmail...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-24T07:20:38+00:00

    So here, I go to my phone and signed out the chrome session just to see if it really is the edge im using on my pc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-24T07:18:01+00:00

    I see. So you're viewing Google Account Security information on Edge?

    I see you enabled Enhanced Security on Chrome. I'd also flag the false Chrome listing using the arrow at the right end of each listing.

    In case this is a known issue with Chrome I'd ask in the Chrome forums too:

    https://support.google.com/chrome/community?hl=en

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments