PLEASE HELP ME! Why does Gmail account detects Microsoft Edge browser as Google Chrome browser, under signed in device/browser?

Anonymous
2023-03-24T04:28:09+00:00

Why does Gmail account detects Microsoft Edge browser as Google Chrome browser when I dont have google chrome installed, and I mean it does cuz my current session under google account security > your devices says > This device, mean its my computer. Can someone please confirm this error(?) because i've been paranoid since my account from different platform was hacked just recently, i need clarification, please help me!

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T12:33:04+00:00

    Mine wasnt flagged or locked out of my google account, I was just checking my accounts security since my discord was hacked recently, just last week.
    and just noticed this. But I have tried logging in my gmail account on different computer using edge browser and gmail detects it as edge on that pc, so it must really be just my pc..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T09:57:25+00:00

    I am having this issue too, it looks like something changed, either in the latest Edge update or in Google's backend software within the last few hours that causes Google to detect the browser as Chrome. Google locked me out of my account on one of my own computers that I hadn't used in a few days, and according to their security page I seem to have been flagged because the session on that device was previously detected as Microsoft Edge, which was inactive for several days, suddenly was used to access the account through a browser they detected as Google Chrome. My Google sessions on my main computer with Edge is now showing up as Chrome too, but I'm guessing I wasn't flagged because I use that computer every day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T06:53:13+00:00

    You're welcome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T06:39:35+00:00

    I will, thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-25T06:35:23+00:00

    Please complete all steps I gave you and read all the articles. Only then will you know for sure what the damage is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments