Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Why does Gmail account detects Microsoft Edge browser as Google Chrome browser when I dont have google chrome installed, and I mean it does cuz my current session under google account security > your devices says > This device, mean its my computer. Can someone please confirm this error(?) because i've been paranoid since my account from different platform was hacked just recently, i need clarification, please help me!
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Just to be safe since you're not using Chrome I would flag all of those as Not Me to alert Google to your concern. I guess it is possible it could be a hacker using Edge, so best to not take any chances. It will force sign out on the browser you report as "Not me."
I've found out something again, It seems like its only gmail detecting edge browser as chrome browser, though there's a small similarity that facebook read the edge browser which (Chromium Based), but unlike the gmail device manager, it reflects or read edge as chrome browser exactly even with logo...
Still have not gotten any good response from google forum's side other than i could have been hacked..
You are most welcome.
I will, thank you Greg!
Good, let us know what you find out.