Unable to access Lowes.com, keep getting access denied message

Anonymous
2020-08-29T16:25:49+00:00

Whenever I try to access Lowes.com I keep getting this message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.lowes.com/search?" on this server.

Reference #18.4fa83817.1598717161.63edc33a

I can access home depot, and other store sites without issues but this one doesn't work.

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-09T13:01:55+00:00

    Here's how I fixed it.

    From the Chrome browser, click the lock icon in the address field (next to the website url. )
    Click on "cookies"

    A list of cookies that are in use for the site will appear in the pop up window.

    Click the first cookie, and click remove.

    Continue removing all cookies until there are none left.

    Reload the website lowes.com

    You should be good to go.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-09T13:14:18+00:00

    I have found out that if I disable the "Capital One" shopping cashback extension until I am ready to checkout I have no issues. I have tried 10 times with and without and only 2 times was I able to shop normally with the extension enabled.

    I also cleared out all other cookies as the previous poster suggested.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-09T13:15:27+00:00

    Here's how I fixed it.

    From the Chrome browser, click the lock icon in the address field (next to the website url. )
    Click on "cookies"

    A list of cookies that are in use for the site will appear in the pop up window.

    Click the first cookie, and click remove.

    Continue removing all cookies until there are none left.

    Reload the website lowes.com

    You should be good to go.

    THis worked for me as long as I turned off the "Capital One" shopping extension until final checkout. Did you have any shopping credit extensions or apps enabled?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-15T02:56:27+00:00

    I reached this support question due to a client using NoScript to block JavaScript for security purposes. What I noticed was this: NoScript must allow both lowes.com and lowescdn.com at the same time. If one is blocked, a cookie gets placed on the browser. Even if both domains are permitted, the cookie keeps producing the Access Denied message. A private browser session solves this or, as the person I upvoted pointed out, the cookies for lowes.com get deleted. Both domains must be permitted and the page will reload without issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-15T02:58:39+00:00

    THANK YOU, SIR! :D Our issue was kicked off by NoScript blocking lowescdn.com but allowing lowes.com. I guess Lowes isn't a fan of this and places some kind of rotten cookie on the browser. The cookie must be cleared and both domains permitted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments