Unable to access Lowes.com, keep getting access denied message

Anonymous
2020-08-29T16:25:49+00:00

Whenever I try to access Lowes.com I keep getting this message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.lowes.com/search?" on this server.

Reference #18.4fa83817.1598717161.63edc33a

I can access home depot, and other store sites without issues but this one doesn't work.

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-24T13:39:35+00:00

    I have tried several time to access Lowe's.com.  I don't understand why because I can get HomeDeopot.com.  This is absolutely rediculous!  Whatever the reason it needs to be fixed.  What if I can not drive and need to pay my bill, or perhaps I need to get in for some other reason?  This should not be happening on Microsoft's end.   I have always trusted Microsoft for so much and needed it to keep me in touch with so much of my daily work.  This as well as other things on your end needs to be fixed and quickly~

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-16T15:09:58+00:00

    Hello,

    Just a little suggestion:  If you are running Virtual Private Network (VPN), momentarily turn off VPN.  You will discover that the URL "http://www.lowes.com" will work just fine.

    HOWEVER, NOT RUNNING VPN MEANS YOU HAVE OPENED YOUR SECURITY DOOR AND ARE ALLOWING 3rd PARTY ACCESS TO "YOUR DATA".

    I am running Norton VPN on all of my devices (Windows 10 Pro computers and Android smart phones).  As long as VPN is turned on, the Lowe's URL "http://www.lowes.com" results in your "Access Denied" message on all of my devices.

    Notice the "Access Denied" message refers to the URL ""http://www.lowes.com" rather than the URL Lowe's tells you to use, ""https://www.lowes.com".  Notice that the little letter "s" is missing in the "Access Denied" message.  That little letter "s" means the URL is pointing at an unsecured server.

    I am no expert, but that missing "s" tells me that somewhere in the World Wide Web the URL "https://www.lowes.com" is getting redirected to "http://www.lowes.com" and the Virtual Private Network is doing its job by blocking access to the unsecured server.

    HTTP (note: no "s" on the end) data is not encrypted, and it can be intercepted by third parties to gather data being passed between the two systems.

    Personally, I refuse to use any URL that is missing that little "s" due to the lack of of security.   I have tried to contact Lowe's to gently remind them of this problem, but to date, I cannot seem to get through to a technical person.  It seems as if Lowe's does not choose to spend a little money to make their website servers a little more secure.  So, I don't shop at Lowe's anymore.  End of story.

    Respectfully,

    A very retired Computing Technology Consultant

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-15T18:13:25+00:00

    I have the same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-07T02:35:15+00:00

    how to access lowes online

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-21T18:13:51+00:00

    Whenever I try to access Lowes.com I keep getting this message:

    Access Denied

    You don't have permission to access "http://www.lowes.com/search?" on this server.

    Reference #18.4fa83817.1598717161.63edc33a

    I can access home depot, and other store sites without issues but this one doesn't work.

    Just bought this Lenovo and installed Norton. I do use the VPN every day and don't find this problem on any other house hold computer. Has to be in the settings.  But where?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments