Unable to access Lowes.com, keep getting access denied message

Anonymous
2020-08-29T16:25:49+00:00

Whenever I try to access Lowes.com I keep getting this message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.lowes.com/search?" on this server.

Reference #18.4fa83817.1598717161.63edc33a

I can access home depot, and other store sites without issues but this one doesn't work.

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-01T19:39:21+00:00

    This problem appears to be widespread. I think Lowe's has a serious problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-14T23:10:20+00:00

    Hi RavieBeast,

    Are you still experiencing this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-30T16:04:11+00:00

    I tried typing in that exact address and was able to see the site home page but any attempt to search or go to specific departments caused the access denied message.   Again, this is only occuring on one computer that I own.

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-16T15:09:58+00:00

    Hello,

    Just a little suggestion:  If you are running Virtual Private Network (VPN), momentarily turn off VPN.  You will discover that the URL "http://www.lowes.com" will work just fine.

    HOWEVER, NOT RUNNING VPN MEANS YOU HAVE OPENED YOUR SECURITY DOOR AND ARE ALLOWING 3rd PARTY ACCESS TO "YOUR DATA".

    I am running Norton VPN on all of my devices (Windows 10 Pro computers and Android smart phones).  As long as VPN is turned on, the Lowe's URL "http://www.lowes.com" results in your "Access Denied" message on all of my devices.

    Notice the "Access Denied" message refers to the URL ""http://www.lowes.com" rather than the URL Lowe's tells you to use, ""https://www.lowes.com".  Notice that the little letter "s" is missing in the "Access Denied" message.  That little letter "s" means the URL is pointing at an unsecured server.

    I am no expert, but that missing "s" tells me that somewhere in the World Wide Web the URL "https://www.lowes.com" is getting redirected to "http://www.lowes.com" and the Virtual Private Network is doing its job by blocking access to the unsecured server.

    HTTP (note: no "s" on the end) data is not encrypted, and it can be intercepted by third parties to gather data being passed between the two systems.

    Personally, I refuse to use any URL that is missing that little "s" due to the lack of of security.   I have tried to contact Lowe's to gently remind them of this problem, but to date, I cannot seem to get through to a technical person.  It seems as if Lowe's does not choose to spend a little money to make their website servers a little more secure.  So, I don't shop at Lowe's anymore.  End of story.

    Respectfully,

    A very retired Computing Technology Consultant

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-31T21:47:17+00:00

    Same issue and receiving reference #18.cdce5640.1598909971.32727a8... able to get to Lowes.com after clearing browser but if I search or click any links, I get 'Access Denied' server error. Then unable to return to Lowes.com. This is occurring everytime for weeks. Happens occassionally on other sites as well. Occurs on Edge and Chrome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments