How do I change the language in "New Tab" from Chinese to English?

Anonymous
2020-02-25T14:46:51+00:00

Whenever I opened a new tab, this is what I see. When I enter go into the MSN website, it showed eng-sg at the URL. 

I do not know how to change the display language of the new tab to English. Appreciate any help. Thanks much. 

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-14T18:30:16+00:00

    Good for you. Won't last for long.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-07T13:41:21+00:00

    That's an idotic tip. I am in Thailand and still I don't want to see the content in Thai. So what does it help your **** browser to adapt to the language I mentioned as preferred when I allow you access to my location?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-10T04:05:04+00:00

    I'm **** tired to see on my PC the **** chinese! I reported this problem many times and not effect. Just because I'm in Hong Kong I've to see this page in chinese without the way to change it? Are you **** dumb in Microsoft? Even if I set the first page to open another one it doesn't matter the next tab will be always this **** chinese page. Now even worst, every time I reopen Edge it doesn't open the page I set because it says last time when closed has been an error and asks if I want to reopen the old pages but in the meantime still showing me the **** chinese. I'm really pissed off that's why I became so rude because you don't **** care.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-17T22:06:59+00:00

    I had the same problem and it started after I set my VPN to Japan. I took a guess on the settings and got lucky.

    Select the fifth option.

    Click on the drop down and select your language.

    Page will refresh and be in your preferred language.

    Hope that works out for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-22T15:11:14+00:00

    My problem is solved. Just cleared all the browsing data including saved history, cookies etc. Now the New tab opens in English.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments