How do I change the language in "New Tab" from Chinese to English?

Anonymous
2020-02-25T14:46:51+00:00

Whenever I opened a new tab, this is what I see. When I enter go into the MSN website, it showed eng-sg at the URL. 

I do not know how to change the display language of the new tab to English. Appreciate any help. Thanks much. 

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-27T09:48:20+00:00

    Microsoft had recently automatically, and without my permission, reverted Edge's homepage language to Vietnamese, the language of the region which I bought my PC! Note this was Edge homepage only not the Edge browser or system language.

    @TJMcLeod cheers man, your solution worked for me! Thanks!

    My homepage language is now English again :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-02T14:28:05+00:00

    I seem to have fixed this on my Edge. I disabled "Preload the new tab page for a faster experience" and the new tab loads in English and just as fast as when the setting is enabled. When I turn it back on, the new tab loads in Chinese (with a cute little link to the Chinese Ministry of Internet, Industry, and Technology, also known as MIIT).

    "Preload the new tab page for a faster experience" is located under Settings - Start, home, and new tabs - New tab page.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-08T10:21:39+00:00

    Even i faced the same issue , I just cleared the browser cache and re opened the browser the tab was back normal in english

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-13T22:56:37+00:00

    I'am in the middle of Europe and have exactly same problem. And no Any Great Walls around. Whom do i supposed to blame?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more