Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Whenever I opened a new tab, this is what I see. When I enter go into the MSN website, it showed eng-sg at the URL.
I do not know how to change the display language of the new tab to English. Appreciate any help. Thanks much.
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
My region has been set to United Kingdom for as long as I can remember, and language is English (United Kingdom)
From looking at some of the commnents above it is obvious that this is not an isolated problem.
So, any other ideas?
The new tab page is presented with a different version in Mainland China. The only way to get around it is to use a service that circumvents the Great Firewall, like VPN. If you have a VPN enabled and then clear the browser cache, the new tab will be the international version.
I know this is frustrating, but there is nothing Microsoft can do. It's either this or no service at all in China. Similarly, Bing in China is also modified and censored a bit to comply with Chinese laws and regulations.
I have the same problem, although I'm sitting in the US for the past 11 months. Why would a VPN make any difference if I'm in the US?
Strange that MS can't do anything but Chrome and Firefox can.
I'll wait for the next unwanted, forced on me without the courtesy of asking, W10 update including Edge and try to remember to clear the cache.
The main reason I was using Edge was to easily access MS News comments, but that is now forbidden so I really have no use for what is a second rate browser. The language issue is a big one for me as I want to search online in English without having to deal with translations. Both Chrome and Firefox are fine with this, but not Edge even when it works.
Thanks for explaining in more detail than previous responders, enjoy the fesitve season;-)
Cheers,
Bob Fisher
My language was locked in new tab too. I tried logout the profile. And it worked. But when I logged in, it failed again. Finally I solved it by checking "Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended)" from Setting => Cookies and sites Permissions => Cookies and sites data.
Hello, Matthias. The reason its Chinese is either you live in China, the device is registered in China, using a VPN to change your country to China, or other stuff. This happens to me too.