How do I change the language in "New Tab" from Chinese to English?

Anonymous
2020-02-25T14:46:51+00:00

Whenever I opened a new tab, this is what I see. When I enter go into the MSN website, it showed eng-sg at the URL. 

I do not know how to change the display language of the new tab to English. Appreciate any help. Thanks much. 

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-16T07:34:37+00:00

    I am not sure which version of Edge you are using (Edge legacy or Chromium Edge).

    For the Chromium Edge, the new tab page is actually a web page. In mainland China the address is:

    https://ntp.msn.cn/edge/ntp

    And for the internal version the address is:

    https://ntp.msn.com/edge/ntp

    From what I experiment in Firefox, the automatic selection of Chinese version for users from mainland China appears to be set at the server of Microsoft. In Firefox if you enter the internal link the page will automatically jump to the Chinese version. So the problem might not be on the browser side. 

    However, a word to Microsoft: even if you have to comply to the regulations in China, I guess there is no need to display the contents only in Chinese. You can make an English version of the webpage without showing the "sensitive" information blocked by China.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-16T08:29:58+00:00

    Thanks for your suggestions but i have been through all of the options.

    I was using a vpn - and clean cache - when i did the edge upgrade and tried some options on three different computers running W10, to no avail.

    The ccp have grabbed microsoft by the short and curlys and they have decided to squeal and run like the piggies they are.

    That's okay MS. I was about to lay out a big chunk of cash with MS for latest v of Server. Won't happen now.

    You lay down with pirates you wake up with empty pockets.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-21T03:47:35+00:00

    I have got the same problem.   After I have tried all above suggestion,  my problem has gone after I have disabled "Personalize your web experience" option from Edge settings. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T11:21:46+00:00

    Where did you find this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-08T09:59:48+00:00

    Goto Region in Control Panel

    Click "Copy Settings" in "Administrative" Tab

    Did you See "China" on Location for Current User?

    If "yes" Proceed to 

    Go back to "Format" Tab to Change "Language Preferences" (Underlined in Blue)

    You will be ...

    Re-Directed to Language in System Settings

    Under Region and Change to "Your Own Country" (Was China)

    Reboot Computer

    Location is now Changed to "Your Country" in Administrative Tab

    Hope this help

    Phillip

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments