Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Whenever I opened a new tab, this is what I see. When I enter go into the MSN website, it showed eng-sg at the URL.
I do not know how to change the display language of the new tab to English. Appreciate any help. Thanks much.
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This is pathetic!
I decided to upgrade today to the latest Edge version and I am locked in to msn china every time I open a new tab. Please Microsoft, a solution to this problem is needed. And why was my new tab function changed to begin with? I was never asked home location or language during set-up. Is this just more capitulation to the CCP?
Doesn't work.
This problem may be happening due to the region in which this device is registered.
Follow these steps to change the location of your device for Edge:
These are some of the first steps I undertook.
Opening a new tab still defaults to a MSN Chinese language and news page.
Why did the Edge upgrade change my settings and what am I to do other than revert back to the previous version?
In fact, none of my other (6) computers using W10 and the previous version of Edge, have any problem.
You have made a calculated change to Edge, which ensures that I have no access to newspages outside of China.
Please provide a workaround or the simple truth that there is nothing you can do to solve this problem.
The new tab page is presented with a different version in Mainland China. The only way to get around it is to use a service that circumvents the Great Firewall, like VPN. If you have a VPN enabled and then clear the browser cache, the new tab will be the international version.
I know this is frustrating, but there is nothing Microsoft can do. It's either this or no service at all in China. Similarly, Bing in China is also modified and censored a bit to comply with Chinese laws and regulations.